- To create employable, creative, and knowledgeable art professionals capable of developing and sustaining the creative industries via the arts and heritage.
- To be committed to societal demands of the arts and professional artists and to educate and train accordingly.
- To be a centre for the study of traditional and contemporary art
- To be an accredited professional centre for the study and practice of art, culture and heritage.
- To attract and serve Malaysian students from a wide range of social, economic, and ethnic backgrounds
To become the institutional centre of excellence for the education and training for art, culture, and national heritage and be recognized as such at the regional, national, and international levels.
That ASWARA become the centre of excellence in Malaysia for the learning, teaching, research, and critical studies in the fields of art, culture, and heritage.